Saturday, June 15, 2013

Little Lola Kitty's Kiddie Blog...



Yay! I'm born...

My name is Lola and I was born 9 weeks ago. I have lots of brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles who were born just a few days after I was.

You see, my mommy and grandma were taken to our new home just before they had their babies. It was a good thing that mommy and grandma found a new inside home because they were living on the street and it was hard for them to find food and, it was going to be really hard for them to keep us safe from dogs, raccoons and other things that would try and hurt us.

Any ways, my mommy had her litter of kittens, another name for her babies, on Thursday and her mommy, my grandma, had her babies the next Sunday.  It was kind of confusing at first because we all lived in the same little house and my grandma kept telling me I was her baby then she'd lay down next to me. Then my mommy would tell me I was her baby and she'd lay down next to me.  And before you know it, all the babies were mixed up and both mommies were feeding us all. I didn't mind because I felt really loved by both mommies and my brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles helped keep me warm.

Every day a giant would come into our house and look at us from far away, say something in giant talk, then leave.  At first, the giant did not get very close to us but when we were just a few days old I could tell she was moving closer and closer to our birthing box.

My mommy hissed at the giant and my grandma mommy ran away if the giant got too close.  This made all the kittens cry because we were afraid the giant was going to hurt our grandma. 

I did not know much about giants--only what my mommy told me--but I heard from some of my brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles that some giants were mean and even hurt kitties.  So every time the giant would come in I would close my eyes really tight, purr loudly and pretend the giant wasn't there.

As the days went by I noticed my grandma mommy would leave us and climb up into secret places in our little house. Sometimes she would be gone just a few minutes, other times she would be gone for hours and hours.  Then one day she just quit coming back

There were 8 of us kittens and it was very hard for my mommy to feed us all since she was also feeding grandma mommy's kittens too.  She tried really hard, yes she did, but she only had enough milk to feed 5 of us till we were all the way full.  So many times we fell asleep with empty tummies and even though we cried for our grandma mommy to come back she never did.

The giant did not know our grandma mommy wasn't feeding us but she did notice some of us were getting thinner.  My sister, Nala, was the littlest in the litter and I was pretty small too. We were too young to be able to help ourselves and our mommy could not help us either.  We knew if grandma mommy did not come back soon, something sad would happen to some of us.

Then one day the giant came in and said something in giant talk as she came close to us and the next thing I know I was being lifted in the air--higher, higher--like I was flying but without wings--and the giant put me on her shoulder. My mommy hissed and even came towards the giant but she would not put me down no matter what mommy did. Then the giant lifted Nala into the air too and put her next to me on her shoulder.

We both cried out, "Help mommy, the giant is taking us away to hurt us".  My mommy hissed and even came towards the giant but it did not stop her from taking us away. We kept crying out to mommy and she cried back but her voice got farther and farther away until we could not hear her any more.

Nala and I were so scared and we cried so hard that first night away from mommy I did not think we would ever stop.  I was glad we had each other to snuggle with at night when the giant was asleep and we would whisper to each other in our little cocoon box, filled with soft baby blankets, the giant made to keep us safe and warm.

The giant would give us warm liquid, kind of like the milk mommy gave us, and it was in a bottle I did not like to drink from.  I fussed at and fought with the giant at first when she tried to make me eat but after a while I got so hungry I just ate whatever she gave me.  I missed my mommy and grandma mommy and Nala and I cried a lot the first few days the giant was taking care of us.

Every few hours the giant appeared and fed us the warm liquid from the bottle.  Then she'd hold us close to her, rock us and make a sound like my mommy did when she sang us to sleep.  It was still very hard to understand what the giant was saying but, if we listened really hard, some of the sounds made sense to us.  Could it be we were turning into giants too?  That was the scariest thought I ever had in my life!

I noticed the giant would stand over our cocoon box, close her eyes and say something in giant talk.  Though I still could not understand what the giant was always saying,  I somehow knew she was a nice giant--if there was such a thing as a nice giant.  After all, if she was not a nice giant why would she wake up from a sound  sleep, night after night, just to feed us, sing to us and rock us back to sleep?  If she was going to hurt us, like giants were supposed to do, why would she spend so much time trying to help us?

After a while I looked forward to the giant waking us up and I even began to purr when she fed us. Nala did not think we should ever, ever be nice to the giant and she was kind of mad at me for starting to like the giant and forgetting our mommy.  I told her I had not forgotten our mommy, grandma mommy, sister, brothers aunts and uncles.  I would never forget them.  It's just that the more time I spent with the giant the more I understood her and felt her kindness to us.

She could have left us with our mommy and grandma mommy but we surely would not have lived if the giant had not started caring for us.  Bottle feeding 2 wiggly tiny kittens who did not like you was hard work, and tiring too, so I thought I should at least try to be nice to the giant even if Nala was not.

After many talks in our cocoon box, in the wee hours of the night, even Nala had to agree the giant was indeed a nice giant.  It we had to be separated from our birth family and if we had to be fed by a giant, this was the best giant we could have to care for us.

"Why is she so kind to us?", Nala asked me one night.  I wondered if we'd ever find the answer to that question.

And then one night, about 4 weeks after the giant started to care for us, it happened.  As she stood over our cocoon box, closed her eyes and spoke in giant talk, I finally understood what she was saying...

"Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so..."

That was the same song my mommy and grandma mommy sang to all the kittens each night.  And we knew from that time on we would be safe and secure in our new mommy's, our giant mommy's, care.

June 15, 2013
The Rescue Kitty Chronicles
Copyright 2013 Jackie Deems

 

No comments:

Post a Comment